The Daemon Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daemon Movement

Through these halls walk those who have chosen a different path from the world. Together, through their hearts, a movement has begun...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Daemon Movement!
Here we are just like a family and support each other accordingly!
Please respect one another as much as possible!
Be sure to read the rules of the forum and of each RP before doing anything! Once read, please do your best to follow them
Please feel free to take part in the RP's we have
NEW!!!!!! TEKKEN AND MEGAMAN RP HAVE ARRIVED!!!!! JOIN TODAY!!!!!
Team Daemon makes its home here as well! If you wish to join the team, see an Admin for details!

A New World

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Nothost

Nothost

A New World - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:41 pm

"I see. I suppose there's scum in every world. Other then that though, things seem nice."

*I'll have to ask her what computers are later. I assume automobiles are those transportation devices I saw outside earlier. I suppose call is a improved version of radio transmissions. And Airplanes... sounds like air travel to me.*

"So how do you make money around here? And what do you do for a living?"

Last edited by Nothost on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/nothost
Kisa

Kisa

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Ami paused for a moment, wondering if she should tell him what she was. It wasn't that it was a bad job, it was just that telling someone you are part of law enforcement could potentially make you a target. "Well, to get money, you usually have to have a job. Some jobs pay better than others, but all are important. If you go to school and get an education and a degree, usually you can get paid better at certain jobs."

Her eyes rested on him. She felt she could trust him....something inside her told her she could trust him. Something told her he was important...that there was a reason she'd met him.

"I have two degrees: one in the medical field, and one in law enforcement. I am a federal agent, doubling as a morgue director and a crime scene investigator. Essentially, i solve crimes, many times using the dead to assist me and my bureau."
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:39 pm

"You're with medical and law enforcement?" This only reinforced what he knew from the beginning: no matter how close he got to this girl, there were some things that he would never be able to talk about. *If she knew about the things I did she'd lock me up without hesitation.* Zeon was usually good at hiding his emotions, but just for a second, his eyes flickered downward. *I really need to get it together. What's wrong with me?*

"No wander you were talking about criminals earlier. It's your job to pick them up."
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Ami nodded slowly. "I started out as a school nurse at a duel academy....first I was just an assistant, but I had the knack for it. I was great with patients...they often wanted me to stay with them, and I would. I'd talk to them, and i could help ease their pain." She looked at him, then looked away again. "I never dreamed I would ever join the law enforcement. I....I've done somethings I wish i could undo. So I vowed to never let myself become that again...and to right my wrongs by defending the law and those it protects."
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:27 pm

"Yeah, well, there are a lot of things I wish I could take back too. But some things can never come back no matter what you do." Zeon looked down at the floor. "It was all about me. Most of the things I did were for my gain. I'm trying to make up for it I suppose, but I don't think I can ever completely do that."
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Ami sighed and leaned back in her chair. "I suppose everyone has some form of a dark past. But if you're trying to reconcile everything, I guess that has to count for something, right?" 'But you still have to pay the price, unfortunately,' she thought to herself. And it wasn't always the police that forced you to pay the price. Many times, one could be their own worst punishment...memories could be torture, and conscience could be frightening. She'd spoken with few men and women in jail and come to such a conclusion. Prison could definitely change a person. But you still have to pay the price.

"
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 4:11 pm

"Trying to reconcile won't be enough. I'll still end up in hell for what I did eventually."

Last edited by Nothost on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:33 pm

She looked at him with a quizzical look. "It can't have been that bad. What could you have done that would be so bad?" She silently wondered if he was about to confess to a murder that he had commited in his realm. She wouldn't be able to do anything if he did, simply because that act hadn't even been committed on Earth...she'd be thrown in the psych ward for sure if she tried to arrest someone for anything outside of this realm.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Zeon looked away. "I don't want to talk about what I've done." What was he supposed to tell her? That using a bunch of cursed cards he took out a city block (as abandoned as that city was), and even killed someone in a one on one duel for selfish reasons of his own. Well more accurately he dueled that man for selfish reasons, and he ended up dieing. He'd be thrown out on the street really quickly, and rightfully so.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:28 pm

"So how long have you been dueling?" He wanted to keep the conversation as far away from that subject as humanly possible. Any distraction would do.
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:50 pm

"Since I was a little girl really," Ami leaned back in her chair a bit. "I graduated high school at a relatively young age....I'm what others like to call a prodigy. After graduation, i was sent to Duel Academy so i could study in something new since i wasn't old enough to work quite yet. I've been dueling ever since...only recently attempting for Pro Duelist rankings." She wanted to talk more about what he'd done...more about his past...but it was apparent that it was a touchy subject for him. Best not to mess with that topic for a while.

She sighed as the time of day came to her realization. "Its getting late. I'll clean up if you're finished...i know you don't have anywhere to go...and no money to go anywhere. If you'd like, I can make up a pallet for you and you can rest here." She didn't usually offer such hospitality to strangers like this, but there was something about him that made her believe he was alright. Besides....it would be awful to kick him out on the streets.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Zeon stiffened. "Prodigy huh?" He muttered. It probably had no relation to his world, but that word was a bad oman for him. This world was getting stranger the more he heard about it. They had schools for dueling? And rankings.... he had a lot to learn. He bowed to her.

"Thank you for letting me stay. I don't want to be too much trouble on you though." He went over to the couch and sat on it.
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:24 pm

She stood and smiled at him as she cleared his plate from the table. "Its no trouble at all. I have the space and the resources, and I'm happy to share." As he moved back into the living room, she finished washing the dishes and put all the food away. Luckily there were some leftovers, so if either one got hungry, she could just warm them up. After completing her chore, she made to grab some blankets and pillows and made a small pallet on the floor by the couch.

"I'm not sure if you prefer the floor or the couch...but here are some blankets and pillows for you." She smiled a little shyly and brushed some hair behind her ear. "It's no five-star hotel accommodation but it should do for now." She looked up at him, hoping he wouldn't mind not sleeping in an actual bed.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Zeon just lay down on the pallet. "It's sufficient enough. Goodnight." Zeon turned onto his side then and didn't say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 am

Ami seemed a little taken aback by his sudden shortness with her, and she wondered if she'd struck some kind of nerve somehow. Her smile faded and she whispered a soft "Good night..." then stood and bowed, then retired to her room.

Once in her room, she dressed down into a silky nightgown that reached down to her midcalf and laid down on her bed. Today had been such an odd day...everything had been totally unexpected. She thought she had been reaching out to her guest...but then at the end of the day, almost like a robot, he just turned off and hid in his shell. She was slightly miffed about it...but decided not to let it bother her. After all...the day had probably been just as long and rough for him. She couldn't blame him for wanting to go straight to sleep.

Ami sighed softly and hugged a pillow and looked out her window. Her thoughts began to drift to the upcoming tournament. Allison would be there....it was almost certain they would have a rematch. But without her dark powers, Ami would not be near as strong...or confident...as she had been in their last match.

As she began to drift to sleep, her mind replayed that last duel that had won her guardianship of Obelisk. She had been such a b**** to Allison....she could only imagine that Allie would still hold a grudge against her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New World
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5